[XeTeX] pstricks and dvi output in xelatex

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Jul 30 09:25:12 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:18:44 +0100 schrieb George:

> Also, even if I do that, I still don't get pstricks diagrams to render
> correctly with xelatex. The pstricks webpages instructs users to not use
> pdflatex to compile, but rather to go down the dvi->ps->pdf route to get
> pstricks diagrams to render correctly. How can I get correct diagrams in
> xelatex?

Most of pstricks will work fine with xelatex out of the box. The
driver xdvipdfmx will use the internal ghostscript mgs to convert
the graphics on-the-fly during compilation.

If this slows down compilation too much you can use (auto-)pst-pdf
or the preview package to generate external pdf-picture first.

Btw: There is perhaps still an error in the pstricks package of
miktex.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2966481&group_id=10783&atid=110783
If you get an error "xdvipdfmx.cfg missing" you should retrieve it
from CTAN.

--
Ulrike Fischer