[XeTeX] problem with flashcards, polyglossia and RTL-languages

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Thu Jul 29 17:14:34 CEST 2010

  On 29/07/2010 10:02, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> As Fabian has described he has changed flashcard.cls in two places
> to get around the problems with the new geometry.

We had a discussion about this on the texlive mailing list last week. I would suggest
Fabian to upload his patched version of flashcards to CTAN. I am told that this is
possible even without taking over maintainance of the package. As the original maintainer
is no longer locatable, that would be the easiest way to fix the flashcards package for
the benefit of everyone!

Also I suggest you change:
> \usepackage{polyglossia}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setmainlanguage{english}
> \setotherlanguage{german}
> \setotherlanguage{arabic}
> \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}

into

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainlanguage{english}
\setotherlanguage{german}
\setotherlanguage{arabic}

as fontspec is a dependency of polyglossia. The latter does load fontspec if it is not
already loaded, but it is better practice to explicitly load fontspec before.

FC