[XeTeX] bidi & colortbl bug

Volker Haas volker.haas at brainbot.com
Thu Jul 29 12:51:37 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I think I found a bug in the bidi package which occurs when the colortbl
package is loaded as well.

The following example fails with the error
"! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}

\usepackage{colortbl}

\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{bidi}

\begin{document}

\begin{longtable}{|l|l|l|}
\begin{tabular}{ll}
\hline
bla & blub\\
bla & blub\\
\end{tabular} & bla & blub
\end{longtable}

\end{document}

%%%%%%%%%%%

The example works if any of the following things are done:
  * the hline is commented out
  * the bidi package is not loaded
  * the colortbl package is not loaded

I am using texlive 2009 and checked out the most recent bidi version
from bitbucket.

Any advise would be appreciated, searching the web and poking around in
the bidi-code didn't help so far.

Regards,
Volker

--
volker haas                 brainbot technologies ag
fon +49 6131 2116394        boppstraße 64