[XeTeX] xunicode and TIPA

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Wed Jul 28 18:51:27 CEST 2010

On Jul 28, 2010, at 11:56 AM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:

>> I know the definition for the IPA environment isn't correct; what I
>> want
>> is characters inside that environment to be interpreted in the same
>> way
>> that they are within the \textipa command provided by xunicode.
>
>  What you want is a mapping from tipa's transliteration system to the
> corresponding Unicode values for IPA characters; you can do that with
> TECkit: it generates a file that XeTeX knows how to use.
>
> 	Arthur

Yes, that's probably the best solution (I proposed it myself to
someone else a while ago.) I was wondering if there's was a quicker
(and probably dirtier) way to do it, given that xunicode has already
done much of the work.  Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and make the
mapping file.

(But I'll still take suggestions for a quick and dirty solution.)

Thanks

Alan

--
Alan Munn