[XeTeX] ** ERROR ** sfnt: Freetype failure...

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Wed Jul 28 18:12:30 CEST 2010

On 7/28/2010 6:14 AM, talazem at fastmail.fm wrote:
> I have just run the two problematic files through a piece of Mac software called "textsoap", which "cleans up" the text. Apparently, there were some hidden, offending glyphs or characters that were causing the problem. The file now compiles fine using Baskerville 10 Pro.

Actually, given the error that you got, that solution shouldn't have
worked. If the problem was with just unknown characters, your log should
have read something along the lines of "character not supported" for
each of the offending glyphs. Is it possible to see the original problem
.tex and full log?

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com