[XeTeX] ** ERROR ** sfnt: Freetype failure...

talazem at fastmail.fm talazem at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 28 12:38:57 CEST 2010

Strange. The font is a contemporary font, produced as I said by StormType Foundry. It is an .odt font. I have successfully typeset an entire book using this font with XeLaTeX earlier this year. Just to check that my system hasn't changed somehow, I opened up the .tex file of that book again and recompiled, and it typeset fine.

The document I am currently trying to typeset, and getting errors with, has a master document and calls upon five further documents by use of the \include command. I've just commented out all five further documents, and uncommented them one by one. The error seems to occur with two of the documents. However, I can't figure out what is any different about these two (in regards to the font choice).

Thank you for your help Pete. Does anyone else have an idea of why the discrepancy?

Kind regards,
Talal