[XeTeX] Japanese, Chinese, Korean support for Polyglossia

Gerrit z0idberg at gmx.de
Fri Jul 23 17:57:50 CEST 2010

Hello David,

great, thank you for the answer. I checked the documentation, but did
not completely understand the ruby option.

For good typesetting with ruby it is necessary that the ruby characters
appear thicker. They should not just be half the size of the base
character. As far as I know, that is what the ruby option type feature
is for: select other glyphs which are thicker.

But does fontspec actually support to put the ruby character as inline
annotations?

It should look like this:

http://image.space.rakuten.co.jp/lg01/64/0000065864/02/img293703f7zikazj.png

if you look at the second line of the main text, you see that there are
some characters between the line.

Does fontspec do this?

Thanks!
Gerrit