[XeTeX] problems with some fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 23 10:27:37 CEST 2010

Am 23.07.2010 um 02:30 schrieb Ernest Adrogué:

> I am experiencing some problems with certain fonts.
> First, with a font called Beteckna. Bold face and
> italics don't work (are replaced with medium weight
> and upright shape). There are no error messages.
> According to fontconfig bold and italics should be
> available:
>
> $ fc-list |grep -i beteckna

Could you use this command instead?

	fc-list : file family fullname | grep -i beteckna

It will show also the fonts' family names. These are used by fontspec
to group a set of individual fonts to a complete family of regular,
italic, bold, and bold italic fonts.

> With the Fontin font, italics work well. However
> text in upright shape (in any weight) is typeset in
> small caps.

How do you select this shape in your source? A complete minimal
example would be nice...

--
Greetings

   Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone.
				– Amiri Baraka, 1999