[XeTeX] Overline in xetex using polyglossia

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:57:06 CEST 2010

>* I have just started using polyglosia last week. I dont know if it an*>* issue or there is a work around. In Englis text if I use {$\overline*>* {test}$}, the word gets overlines. However If I do it to Arabic texts.*>* It just dissapears.*

*I have got no problem with this (see atached files). Can you tell me
what version of bidi package you use?*

*
*

**>* *>* Is there a way to implement the \eamph command for overlining
arabic*>* texts just like arabxetex?*

There are many ways to do this as people already suggested. Note that bidi
also provides two primitive-like commands \hboxL and \hboxR. The contents of
\hboxR is typeset RTL and the content of \hboxL is typeset LTR and their
syntax is exactly the same as \hbox.
--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi