[XeTeX] XeLaTex and Armenian

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 22:14:41 CEST 2010

> No, all OpenType features are bound to a script/language, If you  have
> and Arabic/English font, chances are odd that font designer  would  attach
> f-ligatures or Latin kerning to Arabic script, so if you  set script  to
> Arabic and type fi or AV you will neither get the ligature  nor  the
> kerning.

You are wrong:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_ko.htm#kern

There it is clearly stated that there is no Script/language sensitivity.

Also, please have a look at the following:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otspec/features_ko.htm#liga

In this case we have that "Script/language sensitivity: Applies to virtually all
scripts".

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece