[XeTeX] XeLaTex and Armenian

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Tue Jul 13 22:07:54 CEST 2010

  On 13/07/2010 14:56, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> But is there hyphenation in Armenian? Should polyglossia have a gloss-armenian.ldf? As
> it is, there's only a warning, so it doesn't prevent compilation.

Currently the (soon-to-be-released) version 1.2 of polyglossia offers support for 67
different languages. Armenian is not among them yet, but I'd be happy to create a module
to support it. Ideally this can only be achieved with the help of someone competent in
that language, but at least the attached file should provide initial basic support. If
someone is able to translate the caption strings, that would be nice! The code for
formatting the date and the month names derives from the data for Armenian in the "Common
Locale Data Repository":
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/main/hy.xml
Please inform me if I made a mistake!

@Arthur: is "hyphenmins={2,2}" (for left and right, resp.) okay for Armenian?

Regards,
François Charette

PS: the attached file cannot be used with polyglossia v1.1.1. You need to get v1.2 from
github:
http://github.com/fc7/polyglossia/archives/1.2
but the easiest is to wait for its appearance on CTAN (probably) tomorrow :)