[XeTeX] combining characters in isolation

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Jul 12 20:37:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:58:20 -0700, Michiel Kamermans
<pomax at nihongoresources.com> wrote:
>> Guess I could fix my original problem without breaking the output and
>> without making the XML non-portable by modifying our code that tags
>> Bengali text during the conversion from XML to XeLaTeX...
>
> Luckily this is a far simpler problem than the original one!

The tags you suggest will work; the problem is coming up with a regular
expression that captures the appropriate cases, since the ones I want to
tag for the font without the script (Bengali characters in isolation, that
is bounded by whitespace with no Bengali characters on the other side of
the whitepace) are a subset of the ones I want to tag for the font with the
script (sequences of Bengali characters, possibly including internal
whitespace).  I think I know how to do it, it's just not "clean."

   Mike Maxwell