[XeTeX] [OT] Free fonts for fontspec examples?

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Jul 12 14:38:06 CEST 2010

On Mon 12th Jul, 2010 at 16:45, Will Robertson seems to have written:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to improve the examples in the fontspec manual. As well as improving the examples already there, I'd like to eliminate the use of any non-free fonts so that others can compile the manual without trouble.
>
> I've got a few areas I'm stuck on, since my font repertoire isn't very large.
>
> 1.  Does anyone know of any free fonts that have optical size variants?
>
> 2.  I'm looking for examples which use (and don't need too many explanations) the following features:
>
> - Contextual swashes (cswh)
>
> - Uppercase spacing/kerning (cpsp)

Several of the fonts available at
http://arkandis.tuxfamily.org/adffonts.html seem to support this
feature (though I haven't tested it). I checked
my copy of BerenisADF-Regular-Italic.otf, for example, with otfinfo -f.

> - Historical style (hist)

Similarly, I checked RomandeADFScriptStd-Italic.otf and it lists both
hist and hlig.

I not sure about cswh but you could ask Hirwen Harendal which, if any,
of the fonts support the feature.

Good luck,
cfr