[XeTeX] fancyhdr and plyglossia

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Sun Jan 31 06:59:56 CET 2010

Hi Ross and Jens

I do not think that this is a bug of bidi and I am going to explain why this
is so.

First Please have a look at attached tex file and its PDF output. The
attached PDF shows the contents of all \marginpar commands. And I only had
to make the left and right margin the same by using
\usepackage[left=5cm,right=5cm]{geometry}. So this tell me that this has to
do something with setting margins. Notice that when we are typesetting LTR,
we are writing from left to right and the content of \marginpar appears on
the right hand side and the content of \reversemarginpar appears on the left
hand side. The RTL is absolutely should be opposite of this (which it is).
Now in the original tex file that you sent, margins are the same, I mean the
left and right margins are the same on , say, even pages independent of RTL
typesetting or LTR typesetting. So I think this is natural. If you do not
believe me, In the LTR part of your tex file, change all \marginpar  to
\reversemarginpar and see that exactly the same thing that happened for
\marginpar for RTL typesetting in even pages, happens this time for LTR
texts.

So I concluded that this is not a bug of bidi. Another solution would be to
use \marginpar for LTR texts but \reversemarginpar for RTL texts.

If you also remove twoside option from \documentclass, things will be ok.

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi