[XeTeX] Page is "stuck" in A4 type

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Wed Jan 27 23:58:09 CET 2010

Herbert Schulz wrote:

> AFAIK LaTeX, which is a large package of macros that sits ``on top' of (pdf/xe)tex always assumes letterpaper by default so you should use the a4paper option when using a4 paper but letterpaper is optional.

I get Maxim's file to work fine with just:
\documentclass[letterpaper,10pt]{article} --- but even without it, the
system here is set to letterpaper. So either way it works.

Do different mirror locations for downloading TeXLive have different
default settings for paper size (a4paper for Europe, letterpaper for US)?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery