[XeTeX] misplaced diacritics in Cyrillic

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Wed Jan 27 18:14:01 CET 2010

Hello.

I have tested a few fonts to see how well they place diacritics in
Cyrillic script; my test is attached below: I have combined some
Cyrillic letters with a few diacritics. Except Code2000, all fonts
place diacritics too low over capital letters (Dilyana and Lucida
Grande position the diaeresis correctly though). As I can hardly
believe that font designers, other than James Kass, forgot that
capital letters are higher than small letters, I suppose I am missing
something obvious. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Yves