[XeTeX] Page is "stuck" in A4 type

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:44:58 CET 2010

On Срд, Янв 27, 2010, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> Hello again, I have another (hopefully) easy to solve problem.

> Preparing a curriculum vitae, I have used the template shown there:
> http://www.cv-templates.info/2009/03/professional-cv-latex/ (really nice
> template by the way, you should have a look!)
> I've made few adjustements to the template, mainly to convert it to
> letter paper (originally in A4). Seems simple enough. The original
> preambule was :

> \documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}

> %A Few Useful Packages
> %\usepackage{marvosym}
> \usepackage{fontspec}                                   %for loading
> fonts
> \usepackage{xunicode,xltxtra,url,parskip}       %other packages for
> formatting
> \RequirePackage{color,graphicx}
> \usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{xcolor}
> \usepackage[big]{layaureo}                              %better
> formatting of the A4 page
> % an alternative to Layaureo can be ** \usepackage{fullpage} **
> \usepackage{supertabular}                               %for Grades
> \usepackage{titlesec}                                   %custom \section

> And I have tuned it into this :

> \documentclass[10pt]{article}

> %A Few Useful Packages
> \usepackage[francais]{babel}
> \usepackage{xltxtra,parskip}       %other packages for formatting
> \RequirePackage{color,graphicx}
> \usepackage{fullpage}
> \usepackage{xcolor}
> \usepackage{supertabular}          %for Grades
> \usepackage{titlesec}              %custom \section

> Now I thought that with those modifications (taking a4paper out of
> documentclass declaration, and also the A4 related formatting package
> layaureo), the produced document would be letter type. But it's not.
> It's still A4. Forcing letterpaper in \documentclass doesn't help. Any
> clue what package might be forcing A4 usage?

Try 'geometry' package. For example, add following lines into your
document
<code>
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry{letter,hmargin=2cm,vmargin=2cm}
</code>
See 'geometry' package documentation.

N.B. In order to always get correct paper size use 'geometry' package.
It could help you in most cases.

--
  No one goes to that restaurant anymore-it's always too crowded.
  (attributed to Yogi Berra)