[XeTeX] Page is "stuck" in A4 type

Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:42:49 CET 2010

Hello again, I have another (hopefully) easy to solve problem.

Preparing a curriculum vitae, I have used the template shown there:
http://www.cv-templates.info/2009/03/professional-cv-latex/ (really nice
template by the way, you should have a look!)
I've made few adjustements to the template, mainly to convert it to
letter paper (originally in A4). Seems simple enough. The original
preambule was :

\documentclass[a4paper,10pt]{article}

%A Few Useful Packages
%\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{fontspec}                                   %for loading
fonts
\usepackage{xunicode,xltxtra,url,parskip}       %other packages for
formatting
\RequirePackage{color,graphicx}
\usepackage[usenames,dvipsnames]{xcolor}
\usepackage[big]{layaureo}                              %better
formatting of the A4 page
% an alternative to Layaureo can be ** \usepackage{fullpage} **
\usepackage{supertabular}                               %for Grades
\usepackage{titlesec}                                   %custom \section

And I have tuned it into this :

\documentclass[10pt]{article}

%A Few Useful Packages
\usepackage[francais]{babel}
\usepackage{xltxtra,parskip}       %other packages for formatting
\RequirePackage{color,graphicx}
\usepackage{fullpage}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage{supertabular}          %for Grades
\usepackage{titlesec}              %custom \section

Now I thought that with those modifications (taking a4paper out of
documentclass declaration, and also the A4 related formatting package
layaureo), the produced document would be letter type. But it's not.
It's still A4. Forcing letterpaper in \documentclass doesn't help. Any
clue what package might be forcing A4 usage?

Thanks again!

Other (maybe useful to diagnose) parts of the preambule :

%Setup hyperref package, and colours for links
\usepackage[bookmarksopen=false]{hyperref}
\definecolor{linkcolour}{rgb}{0,0.2,0.6}
\hypersetup{colorlinks,breaklinks,urlcolor=linkcolour,
linkcolor=linkcolour}

%FONTS
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont[SmallCapsFont = Fontin SmallCaps]{Fontin}

%CV Sections inspired by:
%http://stefano.italians.nl/archives/26
\titleformat{\section}{\Large\scshape\raggedright}{}{0em}{}[\titlerule]
\titlespacing{\section}{0pt}{3pt}{3pt}
%Tweak a bit the top margin
%\addtolength{\voffset}{-1.3cm}