[XeTeX] minor bug within XeLaTeX

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri Jan 22 10:19:27 CET 2010

Akira Kakuto wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>

>> I have just accidentally discovered that XeLaTeX (and I guess XeTeX)
>> adds a blank space to the PDF creator when generating PDF files.
>>
>> Here you have a sample:
>>
>> 2 0 obj<< /CreationDate (D:20100120220817+01'00') /Producer (xdvipdfmx
>> (0.7.8)) /Creator ( XeTeX output 2010.01.20:2208)>>
>> endobj
>>
>> The blank space between the opening bracket and XeTeX is the wrong one.
>>

> That is a feature of the driver xdvipdfmx or dvipdfmx.
> If you dislike a leading space, rewrite [snip]
But how does the string end up in dvi_info.comment? If it is generated
by XeTeX as " XeTeX ..." and placed as such in the dvi file, then it
generates a space that shouldn't be there (which is probably really easy
to fix). If, on the other the hand, the driver grabs the string by
parsing the dvi file that XeTeX generates, and the string in the dvi
doesn't actually have that space, there might be a bug in the driver's
parsing of dvi files that leads to this extra space being there (which
should hopefully also be an easy fix, but should be done at the point
that dvi_info.comment is set, not post-process).

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com