[XeTeX] Font Development

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri Jan 8 22:06:32 CET 2010

Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> And one more thing, the FarsiTeX project has some nice Persian/Arabic
> tfm and Type 1 fonts. They are licensed under Gnu. It would be
> wonderful if any body would have the time and desire to make the open
> type version of these fonts. If I had the skills to develop a font, I
> would definitely do it but as I said before I really know nothing
> about making fonts.
That should be relatively simple, as FontForge can load type1 fonts just
fine. Contact the FarsiTeX people and ask them to load the font,
script-add the relevant opentype tables, and render an oft version?

(http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/scripting-tutorial.html#Accented etc)

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com