[XeTeX] Using Xetex on GNU/linux.

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 07:26:40 CET 2010

Hi,

What message is echoed to the screen if you just enter

[name at host ~]> xetex

If 'TeX markup is not recognized', then there are a couple of possibilities:

- the sample.tex is not valid tex, but maybe latex or so
- the xetex executable uses a wrong format file, or none at all
- the xetex executable is not xetex :-))

Please post a log file of a "hit and miss" run, if you can.

Wilfred