[XeTeX] Shrink/expand page-height to fit

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 00:55:01 CET 2010

Hello,

I don't know if I fully understand what you want to achieve, but maybe the following might help.

Set the page size to some large value, so that the material will definitely fit on the page. Maybe something like:

\documentclass[a0paper]{memoir}

\begin{document}

\thispagestyle{empty} % make sure there is no pagenumber etc

\includegraphics[width=$DESIRED_WIDTH]{foo.pdf}

\end{document}

Now process this with pdflatex, and subsequently use pdfcrop:

pdfcrop file.pdf

This should crop the page to the size of the graphic. If you specify on the the width in the includegraphics command, the aspect ratio will be maintained. If the resullting figure is too big for the page, latex will give an "overfull box" warning.

If this is not what you want, then please post a small example and I am sure someone on the list will be able to help you out.

Cheerio,
Wilfred