[XeTeX] Xenotype font and Syriac scripting

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Jan 5 19:50:46 CET 2010

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 4 Jan 2010, at 21:52, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:
>

>> Curiously, the "Kashida" code you've given before, Jonathan, breaks the scripting. But that's a minor concern.
>>

> This indicates (I believe) that the AAT tables in the font do not support the Zero-Width Joiner character (ZWJ, U+200D), which is needed to get the correct joining forms where the kashida rules are inserted. You could raise this with the font developer, who may simply not have considered this issue.

I'll do that ... but when I opened the font via FontForge, without
looking for any trouble, I got this warning:

The glyph named zerowidthjoiner is mapped to U+200D.
But its name indicates it should be mapped to U+FEFF.

We'll see what's next!

Thanks again.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,