[XeTeX] Odd Problem solved with XeLaTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Jan 3 11:26:55 CET 2010

Am Sun, 3 Jan 2010 02:28:23 +0000 schrieb graham telfer:

> I recently installed MikTeX version 2.8 in full but could get
> XeTeX or XeLaTeX to work with any editor or running from the
> command line.

> I tried a basic preamble using geometry and with Memoir. In all
> cases I got the same error message Invalid Paper Size: 0bp 0bp
> 0bp. Nothing worked and I uninstalled MikTeX.

> This morning I downloaded the Basic setup again and ran the test
> preamble using Memoir and TeXWorks as the editor.

> It was successful.

> My question is what happened before, when I had installed the
> full MikTeX and XeLatex failed? Is there some kind of subtle bug?

Well if there was a bug it is gone now. And as you didn't
investigated the problem and didn't show a minimal example there is
no way to tell what exactly went wrong. My guess would be that is
has something to do with hyperref. It sets page sizes too -- and it
has been updated more than once in the last weeks.

--
Ulrike Fischer