[XeTeX] Fontspec: Switching off a feature

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Sun Feb 28 22:51:08 CET 2010

I'd need to switch off one specific fontspec-feature in some specific places, without touching the other ones and also leaving italicisation etc intact.
Having pairs like Historical and NoHistorical, I thought this would be straightforward:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}
\setromanfont{Junicode}

\begin{document}

oo
\addfontfeature{Ligatures=Historical}
oo
{\addfontfeature{Ligatures=NoHistorical} oo}
oo

\end{document}

Could anybody give me a hint what I'm doing wrong?

The feature, that I actually need to use, is Style=Historic, which doesn't seem to have "NoHistoric" counterpart at all... But I guess, I could always add

\zf at define@feature at option{Style}{NoHistoric}      {}  {} {-hist}

to fontspec.sty, couldn't I?

Thanks in advance!
Florian.