[XeTeX] too many unprocessesed floats

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Thu Feb 25 17:52:53 CET 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Jens Bakker wrote:

> Dear Philipp Reichmuth, Ulrike Fischer, Vafa Khalighi, Martin
> Schröder and Wilfred van Rooijen,
>
> Thank you very much for your valuable Information. By the way, is
> there anybody who knows where to read more about the use of the
> package marginnote, for example how to put marginnotes only on the
> left side. I have to admit that I did not understand much of the
> manual of the package that is available on CTAN.

This is done with the same commands as for \marginpar: the commands
\reversemarginpar and \normalmarginpar

The default is on the right so to get them all on the left, put
\reversemarginpar at the beginning of the document.

Here's a sample:

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{marginnote}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\reversemarginpar
\lipsum[2]
\marginnote{This is a marginnote}
\normalmarginpar
\lipsum[2]
\marginnote{Bar}
\lipsum[3]
\end{document}

What I don't understand is how the optional argument is supposed to
work, but it doesn't seem to be necessary anyway.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at gmx.com