[XeTeX] too many unprocessesed floats

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Feb 24 14:38:58 CET 2010

Am Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:20:17 +0100 schrieb Jens Bakker:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

> At some point, when I wrote a new marginal note,
> I got the following error:
>
> LateX Error: Too many unprocessed floats
>
> See LateX manual or LateX Companion for explanation.
>

> May anybody know if there could be a solution?

Well LaTeX can store only a restricted number of floats.
\marginpar's are floats and you are using a lot of \\ which means
that all \marginpars are in one paragraph and so you are overflowing
the available ressources for floats.

Solutions are:
1.  Divide your text in more but smaller paragraphs, that means use
less  \\ commands and more \par or empty lines.

2. Use the package marginnote and \marginnote instead of \marginpar.

--
Ulrike Fischer