[XeTeX] color transparency (was: Re: on fontspec 2.0)

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sun Feb 21 21:05:12 CET 2010

On 02/15/2010 12:38 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 2010-02-15 07:35:37 +1030, Pablo Rodríguez <oinos at web.de> said:
>
>> some time ago, we were introduced to the fontspec 2.0
>> (http://github.com/wspr/fontspec), that will be compatible with LuaLaTeX.
>
> Right. The primary development for the LuaLaTeX part of fontspec has
> been by Khaled Hosny and Elie Roux.
>
> The primary goals for v2 is LuaTeX support; I hope to overhaul the
> interface/feature set after my thesis is finished later this year.
> Having said that, feel free to offer feature requests on the Issues page
> on GitHub linked above.

Thanks for the reply, Will.

I have reported the issue
(http://github.com/wspr/fontspec/issues#issue/37), but it has to be
achieved using other packages.

xcolor has a \blendcolors command but is not so easy to use it with fonts.

The transparent package form Heiko Oberdiek seems to be the perfect
choice here, but it only works with pdflatex.

Would it be possible to adapt it to XeLaTeX?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo