[XeTeX] Curved text

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Wed Feb 17 14:51:16 CET 2010

William Adams wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 9:49 AM, Gareth Hughes wrote:
>

>> Would anyone know if it's possible to create a straight line of text
>> with XeTeX and then curve it in gimp?
>>

> Almost certainly, but one would have to wonder if using some other tool (a vector one) wouldn't be better.

Yes, that would be better ... but with Syriac, I can't get Inkscape to
script (at least on the Mac here). I haven't tried Cenon or
Creaturehouse Expression. But we /do/ have Illustrator on one of the PCs
here, so I think I can get the text scripted on the other machine and
then render it as a path to tweek.

Gareth, why not send me a sample text and how you'd like to have it
curved? --- I can give it a try sometime soon.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery