[XeTeX] on fontspec 2.0

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 00:38:05 CET 2010

On 2010-02-15 07:35:37 +1030, Pablo Rodríguez
<oinos at web.de> said:

> some time ago, we were introduced to the fontspec 2.0
> (http://github.com/wspr/fontspec), that will be compatible with LuaLaTeX.

Right. The primary development for the LuaLaTeX part of fontspec has
been by Khaled Hosny and Elie Roux.

The primary goals for v2 is LuaTeX support; I hope to overhaul the
interface/feature set after my thesis is finished later this year.
Having said that, feel free to offer feature requests on the Issues
page on GitHub linked above.

> If I don't get it wrong, so it will be possible to use LuaLaTeX with the
> system fonts the same way that we use it with XeLaTeX, so no special
> font installation needed, won't it?

Yes, but it will require, perhaps, a little more configuration than
fontspec on XeTeX currently does.

> Are there plans to include the final 2.0 version with TeXLive 2010?

Hope so :)
If the bugs get ironed out this/next week then I hope to make a "beta
version" announcement here and on the LuaTeX list for wider testing.

Cheers,
Will