[XeTeX] Segmentation fault error in xdvipdfmx 0.7.8 with CharisSIL 4.106

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Sat Feb 13 22:33:54 CET 2010

Jonathan Kew wrote:
> As for xdvipdfmx, I just downloaded the TL'09 .iso, and confirmed that
> it has v0.7.8, as shown by xdvipdfmx -h:
>
>   $ /Volumes/TeXLive2009/bin/universal-darwin/xdvipdfmx -h
>
>   This is xdvipdfmx-0.7.8 by Jonathan Kew and Jin-Hwan Cho,
>   an extended version of DVIPDFMx, which in turn was
>   an extended version of dvipdfm-0.13.2c developed by Mark A. Wicks.

We downloaded the ISO version from one of the CTAN mirrors, probably the
default one here:
    http://carroll.aset.psu.edu/pub/CTAN/systems/texlive/Images/
I guess that means that mirror must have had an outdated version when we
downloaded it.  In fact, I wonder if the version they have there now,
dated 6 Nov, is the correct one?  Is that where you downloaded it from?

I guess I can download it and check...
--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?