[XeTeX] Fine tune selecting alternate glyphs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 8 21:36:15 CET 2010

Am 08.02.2010 um 18:32 schrieb Szabolcs Horvát:

> 1. This method switches the letter shapes for all of δ, ζ, and Ξ.
> Is it possible to switch only some of them?

Declare two different fonts, one which uses the standard glyphs, and a
second one which is switched to the alternate forms. Then make use of
this or of that font...

> 2. Ξ has a third shape (as seen on the screenshot and the font's PDF
> brochure, in the link above).  How can I access it?  Alternate=1 (or
> any other number) did not work.

Determine the glyph's code point in the font and address it via that
code point.

> 3. Is there any way to use the alternate β, θ and φ letter shapes
> from the font GFS Elpis (available from the same webpage)?
> \fontspec[Alternate=0]{...} will not enable them, even though
> they're listed as stylistic alternates in the font's PDF brochure

Again, use their code points.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Indentation?! I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!"