[XeTeX] [SOLVED] Segmentation fault error in xdvipdfmx 0.7.8 with CharisSIL 4.106

Benct Philip Jonsson bpj at melroch.se
Wed Feb 3 15:37:44 CET 2010

On 2010-02-03 George N. White III wrote:
> I think it very likely that the font cache was damaged. I seen
> this a few times -- but not using Ubuntu 9.10.

It seems like this was the case, since I reinstalled the
font several times without the problem going away, but
did a forced rebuild of the font cache only once, after
which the problem went away.

> If you open a "system" font simply for viewing without using
> the "root" account or "sudo", the file permissions should
> prevent changes to the font.

But this wasn't a 'system' font; it was installed
in my ~/.fonts directory.  In the future I shall
take care to use a copy which fontconfig can't see
if I want to peek inside a font.

/BP