[XeTeX] Getting vinculum in fractions with Asana Math and unicode-math when compiled with xelatex

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Sat Dec 25 06:00:56 CET 2010

PT> As a point of interest, Chandra, what do you get for :

PT> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
PT> \usepackage{fontspec}
PT> \usepackage{unicode-math}
PT> \setmathfont{Asana Math}
PT> \begin{document}
PT> ${2\pi r \over r} = 2\pi$
PT> \end{document}

I tried both examples on a 64bit linux box running xetex from tl 2010
and luatex-0.64.0.  The output from \over was the same as from \frac.

In both cases the lhs of the xetex output looked like:

   2πr

set tight.

Using luatex, disabling unicode-math or even just disabling the
setmathfont call each resulted in correct output.

My copy of unicode-math is also from tl2010.

There does seem to be a bug in the tl2010 version of xetex when using
unicode-math on 64bit linux.

-JimC