[XeTeX] Footnote refs

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Dec 21 18:31:57 CET 2010

Well, I've got some sample files attached for the change of behavior. If
you comment both \input files, then you'll get footnote refs to match
the \setmainfont options (in this case, Numbers={OldStyle, Proportional}).

If you load one or the other input file, you'll see the differences.
Linux Libertine ships with TL10, I believe, and has the required sups
feature to see the results.

The default behavior of XeTeX previous to TL10, AFAIK, was to use the
footnote ref numbers as if using the [VerticalPosition=Superior] option.
But no longer! So, the result now (with these input files) is that it's
working for me as it used to word and as desired ... but I don't know
what was done by default before --- I never used to specify anything via
fontspec for the footnote refs --- and I don't know why it's been changed.

Has anyone else noticed this and desired the older way? If so, this is
your solution ... unless there's another way...?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery