[XeTeX] Fontspec mappings causing errors in ToC/chapter-headings in memoir class documents

Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net
Tue Dec 21 06:02:11 CET 2010

El dic 20, 2010, a las 8:52 p.m., Dominik Wujastyk escribió:

> I fail to understand your point.  Pre-modern mathematics from South Asia is almost all written in Sanskrit.

But not written in modern algebraic/arithmetic/set-theoretic notation; it contains Sanskrit equivalents of statements like "the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides."

> If you edit and publish one of these works - as many do - you need the math capabilities of TeX.  Hayashi's edition of the Bakhshali MS contains both an edition of the Sanskrit text from the codex unicus and a translation of it into English.  Both parts of Hayashi's work used TeX's math capabilities extensively.  Most editions are like this.

These would count as contemporary translations of Sanskrit works, or presentations of math from Sanskrit works, which I already mentioned.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao