[XeTeX] pdf_link_obj(): passed invalid object.

Jérôme Etévé jerome.eteve at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:33:08 CET 2010

Hello xetex experts :)

I'm sure It's not the first time you see that, but here we go again:

I use xetex (xelatex) to generate document that can include other pdf
files (using the package pdfpages) and when I include some documents,
the rendering of my latex file crashes with an error like that:

** WARNING ** Could not find any valid object.
** WARNING ** Could not find a value in dictionary object.
** WARNING ** Didn't find "endobj".
** ERROR ** pdf_link_obj(): passed invalid object.

I tried rendering first the xdv file, then rendering it in pdf
specifying a more recent version of pdf:

$ xelatex -no-pdf latexdoc.tex
# Then
$ xdvipdfmx -V5 latexdoc.xdv

But it didn't solve the issue.

Unfortunately I cannot quality control the pdf's entering the
application, and there will always be some dodgy ones around, so it'd
be great if there's a way to make xdvipdfmx more robust against crap
user pdf's.

Thanks for any help!

Jerome.

--