[XeTeX] Latex+Tamil

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Tue Dec 14 16:17:07 CET 2010

Hi T.Sengottuvel,

Is this a ttf/otf font? I don't have ubuntu/debian, so I have no idea
how to obtain this font. I googled for it a bit, but could not find a
compiled .ttf or .otf version.

I used the following code with Code2000 instead, and that seems to work fine

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Code2000}
> \begin{document}
> \section{தமிழ்}
> அனைத்து மனிதர்களும் சுயமரியாதையையும் உரிமங்களையும் சமமாகவும் சுதந்திரமாகவும்
> பெற்றே பிறக்கிறார்கள்.
> \end{document}

Don't use the "unicode" package with xelatex, do use the "fontspec"
package, and only use the "xltxtra" package if you need the XeLaTeX logo

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com