[XeTeX] Unicode Arabic hyperlinks

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo.juan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 12:16:00 CET 2010

Dear folks,

I wonder if anyone can help me have Arabic hyperlinks. I started trying with
polyglossia + hyperref, as per the following minimal file (I have left the actual Arabic characters out of this sample for ease of testing):

---------------------
%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[xetex,unicode=true]{hyperref}
\usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
	\setdefaultlanguage{arabic}
	\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic]{Scheherazade}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\part{mypart}
\chapter{linkhere}\chapter{ajksfhak;j}
\section{naskdgfklh}\section{2naskdgfklh}
\end{document}

but there is no way the links will work for me. As soon as I change polyglossia's default language to English, links work.

Would you know what is the right way to achieve this? or a workaround if necessary?

With thanks,
Juan