[XeTeX] supplying missing glyphs?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Mon Dec 6 12:41:53 CET 2010

Andrea,

> how can I upgrade the Times New Roman on my XP computer, which doesn't
> have some of the characters that are in the Times New Roman on my Vista
> laptop?

First, you'll have to get a license that grants you the use of that
font, for the machine you want to use it on. Typically this means just
finding a software bundle that comes with the font you want, but Times
New Roman is only 30 euro, so it's probably cheapest to just buy a copy
of it. The complete family is 175 euro, which is actually still cheaper
than most software bundles that come with Times, although of course
these will also come with loads of  other professional fonts that you
can then use, so it might be more economical to buy a copy of Microsoft
Windows or Office specifically for the rights that grants you with
respects to using fonts.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com