[XeTeX] Ligatures no tproberly rendered in Gillius ADF Condensed

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Sat Dec 4 00:17:13 CET 2010

Am 03.12.2010 um 16:30 schrieb Pander:

> Another small font issue with XeLaTeX. The following
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec{GilliusADF-Cond}\itshape
> \addfontfeatures{Ligatures={Required,Common,Rare}}AE~OE~ae~ff~ffi~ffl~fi~fl~oe~st
> \end{document}
>
> works fine in LuaLaTeX, but in XeLaTeX the ligatures ff, ffi and ffl are
> not shown.

I don't know from where LuaLaTeX takes those ligatures, but looking at the font (fresh installation from http://arkandis.tuxfamily.org/adffonts.html), I have to observe that the roman variant has 265 glyphs, the italic one only 260. Among those missing in the latter are just the ligatures fl, ffi, and ffl. So this is definitely not XeTeX's fault.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn