[XeTeX] Ancient Hebrew font problem

Kirk Lowery empirical.humanist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 00:55:28 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Kirk Lowery
<empirical.humanist at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Carsten Ziegert <carsten_ziegert at sil.org>wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot for all your hints!
>> However, when I tried Kirk's example (see below) I noticed that bib
>> wasn't yet installed. After installing bidi it complained that iftex.sty
>> was not available. But after installing iftex I got the following error
>> message:
>>
>> ! Package bidi Error: TeX engines other than XeTeX and LuaTeX are not
>> yet supported.
>>

> Your log says:
>
> Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang,
> noh
> yphenation, basque, french, german, ngerman, ibycus, greek, monogreek,
> ancientg
> reek, loaded.
>
> Don't use Babel.

I found this:
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.text.tex/2008-07/msg00425.html.
It *may* be relevant. But I've never felt the need to use Babel with
xelatex. And Polyglossia was intended to provide functionality of Babel
under xe(la)tex. Take a look at that package to see if it might meet your
needs.

Hope this helps,
Kirk
--