[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Tue Aug 24 14:19:07 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:29:40 +0900 schrieb Andrew A. Adams:

>> "Put \XeTeXtracingfonts=1 in your document and call xelatex with the
>> option  --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -vv""

> Locate ipam.ttf worked much quicker than deciphering the output of xelatex,
> actually.

Well deciphering the log is quite easy. You only need to look at
lines like

Requested font "Arial" at 10.0pt
 -> C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/arial.ttf

And in the output of xdvipdfmx for font pathes in lines like

 fontmap: ArialMT/H/65536/0/0 ->
C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/arial.ttf(Identity-H)

Also: The log gives more information e.g. the path of the font
actually used. You don't need to know the name of the font file. And
at last: it also helps you to diagnose the problem if you have two
versions of a font with different file names.

> Especially when \XeTeXtracingfonts=1 gave me an error whenever I
> tried to use it (tried before and after "\begin document"):

Your xetex is outdated. \XeTeXtracingfonts has been added in may
2008:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1960362&group_id=194926&atid=951388

--
Ulrike Fischer