[XeTeX] includegraphics and spaces in the graphic's filename path

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 14:06:02 CEST 2010

Hi all,

> > But my advice is: Avoid spaces.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Nowadays spaces in file names are
> > not a problem in the majority of cases. But you can

In the latex world it is my experience that it is best to avoid spaces. For instance, if you have a space in the name of the directory in which the tex source resides, it usually does not work. I guess it has to do with the rather old components in the latex system, such as kpsewich etc which were all developed in earlier times. Maybe modern implementations such as LuaTeX can handle these things better, but in all cases: avoid spaces in file names seems to be a good advice.

Wilfred