[XeTeX] RTL hyperlink problems

Ron Aaron ron at ronware.org
Fri Aug 20 12:57:46 CEST 2010

On Friday 20 August 2010 13:36:36 Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Wed, 18 Aug 2010 23:06:02 +0300 schrieb Ron Aaron:
>
> I don't see why you need your own code. The following links looks
> identical for me:

Of course they do.  But as I mentioned, I am not using xelatex but xetex -- and for whatever reason, the hyperref package does not completely work with xetex, and gives very ugly links (using Adobe Reader; they look OK in "okular" for instance).

> bidi contains some code to adjust hyperref for RTL. But is says
> explicitly in the manual that it only work for links in one line.

Yes, well that is exactly the problem I am trying to find a way to work-around!  I am typesetting in relatively narrow columns, and if I don't allow links to flow from line to line the layout looks ugly in some cases.  The LTR text has no problem when links wrap around; but RTL text does.

I don't know if it is a limitation in dvipdfmx, or in the PDF spec... and I'm looking for some clue as to how to make wrapped, RTL, links work as they do in LTR.

--
Sending me something private?
Use my GPG public key: AD29415D