[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 09:42:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

When I open your file in gedit, I get an error message that the file is not in UTF-8 and cannot be opened with any of the "default encodings". If I switch to UTF-16 manually I can open the file but it looks very strange: there are no control sequences, and while CJK characters show up, they look much more like traditional Chinese than kanji. Also, several boxes with "unknown unicode characters" show up. So I expect something your with the encoding of your input file.

Later,
Wilfred