[XeTeX] Asterisks in fontspec (Was re: How to specify Fontin Sans?)

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Aug 19 08:02:57 CEST 2010

Joel C. Salomon wrote:

> Well, the font name (as opposed to the font file name) is “Fontin Sans”,
> and it comes in many styles.

Curiouser and curiouser (said Alice).  I obtained my font
names by simply opening the files, and for Fontin Sans Bold
Italic (for example), I was told that the font name was :

	FontinSans-BoldItalic

See attached.  All five follow the same pattern, so I wonder
why on your system / with your copies you get one font name
when I get another ?

** Phil.