[XeTeX] /Rotate 90 ignored in included pdfs

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 16:48:12 CEST 2010

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Examples.

Slightly difficult since its not my work, but assuming that you're
requesting an example of what is producing the incorrect output...

Salient facts (I hope):

- A simple \includegraphics statement with no rotation commands or anything;

- Only pdfs generated by some sources give the result; most appear as
intended;

- When a "bad" pdf this is echoed to the terminal:

** WARNING ** << /Rotate 90 >> found. (Not supported yet)

As I said, it sounds to me like there's some pdf feature that is
supported under pdfLaTeX but not under XeLaTeX. Can anyone confirm that,
and even better suggest any fix? Obviously it would be possible just to
modify the include statements, but there are a lot of them, and if this
is fixed in future then everything will end up wrong the other way!

David

--
David Cottenden
PhD Student