[XeTeX] \botmark and \firstmark not working for me ...

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Sun Aug 1 12:04:13 CEST 2010

Selon Ron Aaron <ron at ronware.org>:

> On Sunday 01 August 2010 12:41:35 Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
> > It is not like they are enemies or even commercial competitors, it is
> > all TeX and, if one's need can be achieved by this or that engine, then
> > be it. Not everything can be done with traditional TeX techniques, not
> > in a efficient way at least.
>
> True enough.

Damn. The humor in my remark about not advertising LuaTeX here didn't go
through. I dislike email communication for this reason exactly: only half of
what you mean actually reaches the reader. Smileys have their use, after all :)

LuaTeX could indeed easily go through the box's node list and retrieve all
migrating material. But there must exist a solution in TeX, since people have
used multi-columns in TeX for decades, and I don't like this solution escaping
me.

Best,
Paul