[XeTeX] \botmark and \firstmark not working for me ...

Ron Aaron ron at ronware.org
Sun Aug 1 10:00:32 CEST 2010

On Sunday 01 August 2010 10:35:56 John Was wrote:
> It's just possible that \global \mark would do the trick.  Otherwise,
> immediate writes and reads look like a good solution to me.

Well, when I do an "unvbox" on the vtop which has the marks, it does work
(that is, the marks are visible on the page).

The problem though is that totally screws up the layout :(

I have two vtops,  "engbox" and "hebbox", where "engbox" has the marks in it.
The layout:

   \line{\box\engbox\kern\mykern\box\hebbox}

lays out just right; but this is very wrong:

  \line{\vadjust{\unvbox\engbox}\kern\mykern\vadjust{\unvbox\hebbox}}

In this case, the 'hebbox' content appears one 'paragraph' below the 'engbox'
contents, rather than to the right as it does when using plain 'box'

So I'm now trying to 'unvbox' a copy of the 'engbox', but now I have extra
text (and 'lastbox' doesn't seem to remove it...)

But at least it's getting closer...

--
For privacy, my GPG key signature is: AD29415D